I made the choice to wear overalls today, and this is the conversation I had in my first meeting of the day:
Me to my boss as I walk into her office: Hi! How are you?
Boss: Wow. Look at you in your overalls. Good for you.First let me say, my workplace doesn’t have a dress code. So some things I’ve seen from the last 2.5 years:
– a signature top hat
– a Game of Thrones cape worn with cargo shorts
– a plastic horse head at a meeting
– roughly 45731 graphic tees
– bare feet seen in the bathroom and then later in the cafeteria and then later propped up on a wall in a meeting.
– A Peter Pan costume. It was not Halloween.
People wear what they want here, but based on the conversation I had this morning, I made the choice to wear overalls today, and it was the bravest thing I’ve ever done.
As the saying goes, “wear overalls like no one knows you’re wearing overalls!”
I’m pretty sure that’s what they say.